Monday 4 June 2012

A new blog for Collectors Playing Cards

Collectors Playing Cards

This is a new blog for Collectors Playing Cards, a site I have been running since November 2000. Having been collecting, buying and selling playing cards, dating from the 17th century to modern times and from all round the world, for more than 30 years I have a vast collection of playing cards and related antiques and ephemera - some of which are offered for sale on my website.

The  website has brought me into contact with collectors, researchers and a whole variety of interesting people. There is more about this on my profile page. I started a postal auction and printed sales lists back in the early 1980s but the internet has brought me customers from much further afield and I now sell regularly all over the globe, especially Australia and the U.S.A.

Every week I get a raft of questions via the website about playing cards, especially particular decks which have turned up in someone's loft and what their value might be to collectors, and of course people wanting to know values before putting something on ebay. What I am hoping to do with this blog is to open up my interest, knowledge and collection to a wider audience who will be able to exchange ideas and particpate in discussions about every and any aspect of playing cards - from snap to poker, from the 14th century origins to today, from design to production, from decoration to esoteric use. In short the whole fascinating world of playing cards and their impact on people and society.

If you have never really considered the variety of playing cards take a few moments to look at the website. I guarantee 3 things: you will be amazed at the variety, you will be keen to find out more and you have no idea where it will lead you. Go on, give it a go!

The appearance of the blog will change over the next few weeks as I get my act together and find my way around the design tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment